ADDERLink DV120 is an easy to install, highly compact video extender system that can transmit an HD video stream over a single CATx cable. This allows you to locate your media playback hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment. Thus, your valuable systems are kept safely away from the display point environment whilst maintaining precisely the same user experience.
ADDERLink DV120 is ideally suited to the Digital Signage (DOOH - Digital Out-Of-Home) and Audio Visual (AV) industries.
- Pixel perfect digital video
- The ALDV120 uses an uncompressed communication system whereby the
pixels of every frame are sent without loss. Resolutions up to 1920 x
1200 @ 60Hz (WUXGA) are supported.
- Up to 50 meters over a single CATx cable
- Video and power pass along a single cable, providing a maximum of 50
meters extension. The actual achievable extension distance is dependent
upon the CATx cable type used and the number of connection breaks for
patch panels and wall plates. Please see the table on reverse for
- Highly energy efficient - No external power supplies are required
- The AdderLink DV120 is designed to be highly power efficient, using
less than an eighth of the power required by some competing systems. By
harvesting power from a standard USB socket, no external PSUs are needed
and hence the support infrastructure required is kept to an absolute
- EDID management
- The system has intelligent EDID management to allow the true
characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer.
- Plug and Play
- The AdderLink DV120 extenders are delivered in a zero config state
so you can connect their two units and start working with them
immediately. There's no need for drivers or software to be installed.
- Perfect video wall companion
- With locking connectors and no power supplies required at the
receiver, the ALDV120 makes a perfect companion for video walls where
the controller must be located far from the screens.
- Built to last
- Adder Technology have a well-earned reputation for creating products
that perform well and stay the course. The AdderLink DV120 is no
exception and features tough, yet lightweight ABS enclosures to ensure
they can easily withstand everyday treatment. The internal components
and external connectors too are selected for their reliability in
addition to their performance characteristics.
- Hardware compatibility
- All computers with DVI-D and USB connections - requirement dependent
- DVI-D interface
- The system supports resolutions such as 480p, 720p, 1080P or WUXGA
(1920 x 1200) @ 60Hz* and 24 bit color depth with reduced blanking
- Software compatibility
- All known operating systems
- Computer connections at transmitter (TX)
- DVI-D male, USB type A (for power only)
- Display connections at receiver (RX)
- USB powered, 5VDC -2.5W for both RX and TX units combined
- Physical design
- Injection moulded ABS cases: 45mm / 1.8'' (w) x 63mm / 2.5''(d) x
21mm / 0.8''(h) with 30cm / 12" pigtails, Weight 250g / 0.6 lb per pair
- Operating temperature
- Important extension distance Information
- Recommended cables are CAT7 shielded foiled twisted pairs:
- Daetwyler 7702 Flexible patch cable
- Daetwyler 7120 Bulk cable
- Category 6 (or better) shielded twisted pair cable must be used to
connect the local and remote units in order to maintain compliance with
radio frequency energy emission regulations and ensure a suitably high
level of immunity to electromagnetic disturbances.
- Resolution Frequency Patch Connections Cable Type Distance
- 1920x1200 60Hz 0 CAT7 50 metres
- 1920x1200 60Hz 0 CAT6a (shielded) 50 metres
- 1920x1200 60Hz 2 CAT6a (shielded) 40 metres
- 1920x1200 60Hz 2 CAT7 40 metres